Whenever we are processing inquiries that come in via email or phone, we want to check to see if that person is already in our Highrise account to get up to speed on past conversations and avoid any awkward social faux pas.
Use the following as a quick guide on how to check to see if that person is already in your Highrise account.
- Login To Highrise
- If you feel confident that you can find them by name, use the main Jump to a contact, case, deal or tag… search box located at the top center of the dashboard on Highrise.
- NOTICE: I do not recommend relying on just searching by name especially when you are likely to just have an email for people like when receiving email inquiries. This requires that you use the email search feature on Highrise and not just the search box on the main pages. Here’s how to access the email search feature:
- Click on the Contacts tab.
- Click on the “email” link in the line “Find contacts by…” and enter the email you are searching for.
- You may need to clear out previously used search terms and only search for the email.
- In some cases, you may not have a valid email (like when replying to ad on CraigsList and they’ve chosen to use an anonymous CraigsList email) and you will be forced to try to match a contact to an address of a property (in the Deals section of Highrise).
- If you find the contact, read through the notes before proceeding.
This is usually referenced from any pages that have you interacting with people and Highrise:
- Setup Highrise
- Processing Applicants: