- Login to your Google Reader account so you can see which “For Rent” ads you’ve viewed and replied to.
- You should be tagging ads that you’ve passed on and contacted so that you know which ones you’ve already processed.
- Click on the link for your “For Rent” subscription and start with the first unread ad and process each one in order until you’ve either gone through all of them OR until you’ve exceeded your alloted time for marketing today.
Not Interested In Property In Ad
If the ad is for a property that outright does not fit your criteria (for example it is outside of your target geographic market) then tag the ad with the tag “Pass”. You may still want to make contact to build your buyers list.
The keyboard shortcut for bringing up the tag box is “t”.
Once you have tagged the add with “Pass”, then you can use the keyboard shortcut “j” to move to the next ad.
Possibly Interested In The Property In Ad
If the ad is for a property that might fit your criteria, then you will want to look at the ad and consider contacting the landlord to see if they would consider a lease option or outright selling the property (with our without owner financing).
Use the keyboard shortcut “v” to view the original ad on CraigsList directly.
Check To See If The Seller/Property Is Already In Highrise
If it still looks interesting, check to see if the landlord/seller/property is already in Highrise by using the Check To See If This Person Is Already In Your Highrise Account. Most of the time with CraigsList ads you will NOT have their real email so you will need to use:
- The person’s name (not always available either)
- Address of the property (most common)
- And/or phone number (not always available either)
Check To See If They’re In Your Seller Property Information Files Already
If the address of the property is included in the CraigsList ad, then also look up the address in your Seller Property Information Files folder on Dropbox to see if you (or someone you’re working with) has already added the property and you just do not have enough information to find them in Highrise.
If you have not yet setup Dropbox you will want to do that.
Use a personalized CraigsList For Rent Ad Email Reply Templates to send an email to the email address listed on the CraigsList ad or call them using the Initial Call Back Script. Be sure to BCC Highrise so that you can create a contact record (if one does not exist) and start documenting your contact with this potential seller/landlord about this particular deal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Typically, you will get a better response by picking up the phone and calling using the Initial Call Back Script.
Update Highrise Tags
When your email to the landlord/potential seller is received and added to your Highrise account (from including a BCC to Highrise) you will want to add the following Highrise Tags to your landlord/seller record or merge that contact with your existing contact and make sure you have the following Highrise Tags:
- CraigsList For Rent Ad – Use if you are documenting where your deals come from. This one came from a CraigsList For Rent Ad.
- Real Estate Investor – They are a real estate investor if they own property and are renting it out. This is what I use as a baseline for my buyers list.
- Initial Call Back – They are in the Follow Up Lead Status For Sellers of Initial Call Back.
- If you are tracking which city your buyers list is for (especially if you are wholesaling in more than one market) then be sure to enter that. For example, I might add a tag for Fort Collins, CO if they are in the Northern Colorado area.
Update Highrise Task
Create a new task for the contact in Highrise to follow up with them “Next Week” in the task category “Initial Call Back” in case they do not reply to you before then.
Processing Replies To Your Contact With Real Estate Investors and Potential Sellers
As you get replies to your email you will process in one of two ways.
If they reply and that reply indicates that they have become sellers and would consider selling their property (or doing a lease option), then process them like any other seller in the Initial Call Back status as you process your Sellers Chekclist daily.
Processing Real Estate Investors
Mark As Processed With Google Reader
Return to the Google Reader web browser tab and use the keyboard shortcut “t” in Google Reader to bring up the tag box and being typing the tag “Interested” to mark this ad as on you are interested in.
Once you have tagged the ad with “Interested”, then you can use the keyboard shortcut “j” to move to the next ad and repeat the process.
This is often referenced from the following pages:
- Daily Marketing Checklist
- NCREIG Daily Marketing Checklist
- Bird Dog Daily Marketing Checklist
- Wholesaler Daily Marketing Checklist
- Team Leader Daily Marketing Checklist
- Regional Manager Daily Marketing Checklist
- Regional Director Daily Marketing Checklist
- Director Of Operations Daily Marketing Checklist
- Acquisition Manager Daily Marketing Checklist
- Private Money Coordinator Daily Marketing Checklist
- Virtual Assitant Daily Marketing Checklist
- Replying To Ads On CraigsList