Use the Create Tenant File Checklist™ to create a new Tenant File.
The Tenant File should contain the following:
- Signed copies of the Rental Application for each adult tenant.
- Fully executed Rental Agreement or Lease with signature of each adult tenant.
- Have copies of the verification of the tenant’s identity in the file.
- Include copies of what was used to verify income for the tenant in the file.
- Include a copy of the credit report for each adult tenant.
- Include a copy of the signed Move In Inspection Report.
- Include at least one, but all Tenant Communication Log forms, should be included in the Tenant File.
- You will also be including any correspondence sent to tenant (in addition to recording it in the Tenant Communication Log).
- If property was built prior to 1978 (I usually do it for everything built before 1980 to be safe) a completely executed Lead-Based Paint Disclosure
- If in Fort Collins, a Fort Collins Occupancy Limits Disclosure
Additional Documents For Lease Option
Additional Documents For Lease Purchase/Rent To Own
- Signed Real Estate Contract.
- Square Footage Disclosure
- Source of Water Disclosure
- Seller’s Property Disclosure